The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Director of Sales opportunity, you should have:
- 7-10+ years of experience managing a sales team of 5-10; ideally representatives responsible for wide regional/national territories
- A bachelor's degree
- Deep B2B sales experience with mid to large organizations with multiple locations
- Experience managing/directing complex sales with multiple contacts and a long sales cycle
- Demonstrated success hiring and developing sales team members
- Experience and skill using technology including CRM software, ideally Salesforce, for pipeline and appointment scheduling and monitoring, reporting and analytics, etc.; MS Office Suite programs including Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience responding to RFPs and creating presentations
- A process driven approach; deep understanding of process flow, benchmarks, forecasting, tools development, etc.
- Apparel industry experience is an advantage
- Global sourcing knowledge is a plus
- The ability to work as a collaborative team member
- High expectations of self and others
- Ability to be empathetic & supportive while also motivating
Pictured: great looks and strong branding are the name of the game. To follow through on the Chili's example, in addition to saving them money, we improved their uniform designs, improved uniform quality with fresh designs and superior materials, field-tested new uniforms for durability and practicality, and made uniform ordering easy for employees using a branded ordering website. It's what we do.
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
Reporting to the President, as Director of Sales, you will work out or our Torrance location and provide sales leadership to five new business development Territory Sales Managers working remotely across the U.S. While some of your team is in place, you will add new team members to fresh territories, creating national coverage. Your initial focus will be on hiring Territory Sales Managers to complete your team of five and developing their sales skills, including with enterprise and midmarket level clients, in order to ensure their success and the success of the company. Additionally, you will build processes and procedures, such as in Salesforce, to measure, monitor and help drive the sales program. To collaborate with other leaders, you will be based in Torrance, where you will spend 75% or more of your time.
We've enjoyed strong success, but it's time to take our business to the next level. We've met our year-over-year goals, and now we are building a 3 to 5-year plan the will include the strategy, talent, infrastructure and tactical execution goals necessary to double our revenue to 100MM and beyond. The plan will include national coverage, new customer development, an increase in multi-year contracts and more. Your talents will be key to the development and execution of that plan. While you'll initially focus on a team of five, we expect that number to grow over time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, establishing and executing a full strategic growth plan for the sales organization of Image Solutions.
- Driving activity-based sales management within each Territory Sales Manager’s respective region by monitoring his/her sales funnel, sales visits/presentations, RFPs and quotes, orders, etc. to coach measure and manage performance.
- Establishing personal goal setting and performance management for Territory Sales Managers to ensure that, in turn, they are driving their own success.
- Setting challenging but attainable sales targets and monitoring progress against each Territory Sales Manager’s goals.
- Owning the sales function, allowing the President to fully step out of sales and focus on the growth of the business.
- Building strong processes and reporting to support team members and goals, including more fully utilizing Salesforce CRM system.
- Driving high performance, including celebrating and rewarding successes and addressing under performance in a timely and respectful manner.
- Providing coaching and mentoring, including recommendations and assistance with market and client penetration.
- Meeting clients, both existing and new, to build relationships.
- Optimizing competence to match present and future needs through training, coaching and recruitment of high caliber talent.
- Collaborating and coordinating with peers in other areas of the business to capture and drive synergies where they may exist.
- Initially, sitting with team members across the company to gain a deep and comprehensive view of our company.
Pictured: we make uniform ordering, tracking, and reporting easy! First, we create and host customers' branded ordering website — complete with multi-level online approval processes, if needed. Then we provide real-time, customized inventory and budget reports that meet their specific requirements. Plus, we support customized employee purchase programs and provide interactive catalogs for easy shopping.
More Good ReasonsHelp Maintain an Exceptional Culture
Many job postings give lip service to the idea of culture, but at Image Solutions, our culture is at our heart. You will help promote and maintain that culture, even as we grow, and can feel good knowing you're making a difference in the lives your team and our community.
As part of our culture, teamwork is an essential part of our business model. In fact, one of our corporate principles is "We win and lose as a team." That's why we're looking for a Director of Sales who wants to be in the office daily. The pace is fast and there is always a lot going on, but at the end of the day we get it all done by working as a team.
More About Culture
Some other things that make our culture stand out:
- We brainstorm together, building on one another's creativity. The best idea wins!
- We highly value work/life balance. We work hard but go home at the end of the day and concentrate on other areas of our life on the weekends. Our balance makes us stronger.
- We are proactive about recognizing success and showing appreciation, including fun events such as "Taco Truck" lunches, "Beach Week" and other celebrations,
- We enjoy a business casual environment. If you're not seeing clients, come in your jeans (and even flip flops during Beach Week).
We provide corporate uniforms and branded merchandise to companies such as DIRECTV, Chili's Bar & Grill, Ahold, Coffee Bean, First Student Group, The Container Store, Yard House, Albertsons and many others.
Image Solutions is passionate about helping others, so we give 10% of our annual profits to charity. We focus our donations on improving the lives of lower-income children through our youth camp and learning center and supporting the charities that are important to our customers. Many of our employees enjoy getting involved with these and other charities.
Excellent compensation In addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer a 401(k) savings plan and healthcare benefits.
Pictured above: our professional, in-house designers have years of cross-industry experience creating fashionable and functional uniforms that endure even the toughest working conditions. We provide clients with detailed, 3D mock-ups of multiple uniform design options.
Pictured below: we are extremely proud of our Tyler Anderson Youth Camp program which, every year, brings a qualifying group of inner-city kids to a week-long camp in Oregon where they enjoy camping, hiking, swimming, horseback riding and so much more. The program continues to support these students through year-round mentoring and academic support aimed at helping them accomplish their goal of attending college. The camp is one of several philanthropic organizations we support.
Keys to SuccessTo be successful in this role, it will be important to come in and learn our organization, begin building relationships and then get down to developing and improving the sales function. By now it should be clear that fitting in with our culture will be essential. In addition to your cultural fit, your success will be measured by quantifiable KPIs, such as:
1. Achieving new business goals within the first 6 months
- Meeting with all Sales Managers within first 30 days
- Managing all sales goals and Territory Sales Manager's weekly one on ones within the first 60 days
- Setting up quarterly sales tracking by Territory Sales Manager & for the company within first 90 days
- Closing 2 new accounts (through your team) with estimated annual revenue of at least $400K within 6 months
- Meeting with all prospects in Deal Development & Proposal within 6 months
- Creating internal dashboard for Sales Team to show weekly sales progress – 60 days
- Reviewing all customer sales for past 24 months and making recommendations to achieve 5% increase - first 90 days
- Implementing sales plans by customer within first 5 months
- Meeting all customers in first 6 months
- Having 24 prospects move to deal development in a 12 month period
- Scheduling quarterly sales training for Sales Team within 120 days
- Updating “Go to Market” strategy within 5 months
- Presenting Uniform Market Analysis to leadership within first 6 months